Hotel Shelter WiFi (Free for Hotel and Restaurant Guests
Hotel Shelter offers free Wifi Internet services to guest of the Hotel and restaurants. To access our Internet service, simply ask for the current password from one of our staff.
Terms of service apply:
- Welcome to Hotel Shelter free WiFi Hotspot. WiFi access is available in all guest accommodation, restaurants, bars and reception.
- It is available FREE of charge to all of our customers and inhouse guests only.
- Access is subject to the following terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may be revised at any time.
- If you do not agree to comply with the terms and conditions, you must not access or use the Hotspot.
Logging in and out of the Hotspot
- You must obtain the "Password" for the day when checking in at reception or from wait staff when placing your order in any of our restaurants or bars.
- You will need a wireless enabled device with an ability to use a browser that has its own power source.
- You must agree to accept these terms and conditions of use by selecting 'I agree'.
You will be automatically logged out of the Hotspot if:
- Your access is terminated by reason of a breach of these terms and conditions.
- The wireless connection of the Hotspot you are accessing is lost, disconnected or becomes out of range.
- No activity is detected from your wireless enabled device for a continual period of 10 minutes while logged on to the Hotspot.
- More than 50Mb download limit is reached within any calendar day.
- Speed and reliability of the Hotspot
- Hotel Shelter provides free broadband access at a maximum download speed of 512kbps.
- Hotel Shelter does not guarantee a continuous, stable, fault free or secure access.
- The hotel will endeavour to rectify any malfunctions, faults or problems with our Hotspot but is not obliged to do so in any specified time frame.
- The speed may be higher or lesser and will vary depending on many factors including, the capabilities of your wireless device, the amount of traffic and general congestion of the internet, the location of your wireless device and other variables.
Your access and use of the Hotspot is at your own risk. You are solely responsible for protecting your usernames, passwords and security based information. The onus is on you to ensure firewalls and virus protection is in place on your wireless device.
The Hotel Shelter is not liable for any loss or damage you may sustain as a result of using the Hotspot.
User Standards and Obligations
The Hotspot is intended to be used in a manner that is not offensive in any way to the community at large. Hotel Shelter has absolute and sole discretion to limit or block access to unacceptable websites. This includes but is not limited to websites and or content that:
- Could cause Hotel Shelter Pty Ltd to breach any law governing its conduct or to incur a liability to any third party.
- Could interfere with the integrity and/or performance of the Hotspot, hotel's network or equipment.
- Depicts, alludes to, or promotes offensive or illegal behaviour.
- Promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm to any group or individual.
- Harasses or promotes harassment of another person.
- Exploits people in a sexual or violent manner.
- Contains nudity, violence or offensive subject matter or which may connect to adult websites.
- Promotes conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene or defamatory.
- Intentionally infringes copyright.
- Involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters or unsolicited mailing, instant messaging or spamming.
- Promotes criminal activity.
- Contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere or intercept access.
- If Hotel Shelter becomes aware that websites are accessed in contravention of these terms and conditions, it reserves the right to immediately terminate and block the access without prior notice.
Users should be aware that the browsing or downloading of illegal information from the internet could lead to prosecution.
- Hotel Shelter respects your right to privacy and will not capture any personal information while accessing the Hotspot unless your consent is granted.
- However, once you access the Hotspot and open the internet browser application to the website, Hotel Shelter will capture and process information about the web browser type and/or operating system information used by the enabled device in order to determine the most effective and/or customised means of displaying the requested website on your device.
- Hotel Shelter will collect and store the IP and MAC address of the enabled device that has accessed the Hotspot, once the terms and conditions have been agreed to.
Release and Indemnity
You release and discharge Hotel Shelter from any liability which might arise from your use of the hotel shelter WiFi Hotspot service including liability in relation to defamatory or offensive material or any breach of the copyright which may occur as a result of your use.
You agree to indemnify and must defend and hold harmless Hotel Shelter, its employees and agents, from and against all loss, damage, liability, charge, expense (including all reasonable legal and other professional costs on a full indemnity basis) of any nature or kind arising from your breach of these terms and conditions.