Hotel Shelter is committed to environmental protection and sustainability guided by our very own Program. The Partnership, a company-wide program, strives to minimize our properties' operational impact on the environment through resource conservation and best practices.
In delivering this commitment, all of our Hotel Shelter colleagues will endeavour to:
- Work diligently to minimize our waste stream and conserve natural resources, particularly through energy and water conservation
- Value the natural and cultural heritage of our properties, allowing us to give our guests an authentically local experience
- Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and strive to follow best environmental practices
- Make environmental considerations an important aspect of decision-making
- Review the objectives of our Program on a periodic basis
- Build local partnerships in the communities where we do business. These partnerships allow us to share our stewardship message, effect positive environmental change, and raise awareness for our guests and colleagues.
- Promise to consider the opinions and feedback of our guests when examining our environmental programs and procedures
- Identify areas for improvement and innovation at the property level and support the efforts of our Teams at each of our properties